If the TS Compiler icon is inactive or the error message “System.Exception: typescript install failed.” appears in the Unity console log, the issue might be related to the project or folder.
Please try the following methods:
Check your computer’s name. If it’s not in English, this error may occur. Please change your computer name to English.
- If special symbols such as spaces or languages other than English (non-ASCII) are used in the Unity project name and path, the project may not operate properly.
- ZEPETO world can only be developed in Unity version 2020.3.9f1. If you are using a Unity version other than 2020.3.9f1, you might experience this issue. Please check your Unity version.
- If the problem above is not the same, please try deleting the Library folder and restarting Unity Editor.
- If the Unity project folder exists in My Documents or on the desktop, the project may not operate properly due to permission issues.
Please move the Unity project folder to the C drive.
Troubleshooting The Editor
- If you are using Windows 11, Unity Editor may not work properly due to compatibility issues with Unity Editor 2020 version.
We recommend using Windows 10 version.